Police are warning the public to remain vigilant and report any suspicious circumstances after a increased spate of thefts from cars in some parts of Salford.
It is believed that those responsible are possibly all males in a group of three, sometimes four who are suspected to be travelling around the area in a vehicle; however that is not to say that they may travel on foot.
Information suggests that those responsible are wearing dark clothing with hoods covering their heads and faces.
Police say that the local Neighbourhood Team will be patrolling the area in order to identify those responsible and provide reassurance to the local community.
In the meantime please can I ask that you consider some of the below crime prevention tactics.
- Keep keys and items of value in a safe place out of view from windows
- Keep your doors locked (house and motor vehicle)
- Lock your garden gates
- consider a crook lock for your motor vehicle
- If you have cctv ensure that it is working correctly
- Consider a security light
- If you are away for any period of time, notify a trusted neighbour or friend who can keep an eye on your property.
Remember: report any suspicious circumstances to the police giving descriptions where possible and vehicle registrations and direction of travel.
If you believe you know who is responsible for these crimes you can call the police direct on 101 or pass the information to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where you can remain anonymous. In all cases of an emergency dial : 999.