On Thursday 28 June 2018, police were called to reports that a group of people had forced their way into a property on Levenhurst Road, Cheetham Hill armed with shovels, spades and knives and made threats against the occupants.
An investigation was launched and on 2 July 2018 officers from the City of Manchester policing team executed a number of warrants across Cheetham Hill, Blackley and Salford.
The following people were charged with violent disorder and appeared at Manchester Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 3 July, where they were bailed to appear at Manchester Crown Court on Tuesday 31 July 2018.
· Aaron Costello (02/02/1993) of Cheshill Court, Salford
· Lorenzo Kavanah (02/01/1996) of Denman Walk, Cheetham Hill
· Kevin Duhausse (31/07/1994) of Plant Hill Rd, Blackley
· Tammy Murray (19/05/1990) of Camp Street, Salford
· Two boys aged 16 and 17 from the Cheetham Hill area who cannot be named for legal reasons
A 16-year-old boy from Cheetham Hill who also cannot be named for legal reasons, and who was arrested for theft of motor vehicle and possession of Class B drugs, has been released under investigation.