The candidates have been announced as nominations to enter the election closed at 4pm on Friday 17 November.
The candidates are:
• Michael Felse, Independent
• James Mount, Conservative Party
• Wilson Nkurunziza, Labour Party
• Jake Overend, Liberal Democrats
• Ian Pattinson, Green Party
The by-election was called to find a replacement for Councillor Paul Longshaw who passed away earlier this year.
Residents in the Langworthy ward now have until 28 November to register to vote if they have not already done so.
Polling stations in the ward will be open from 7am to 10pm on Thursday 14 December, the day of the election.
For further information please visit https://www.salford.gov.uk/registertovote