Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'beauty salon'.
Found 1 result
Three fire engines, from Agecroft, Eccles and Farnworth, were called out at 3.11pm on Thursday, May 4, after a fire broke out in a beauty salon in Moorside Road, Swinton. Wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel, thermal imagine cameral and positive pressure fan, firefighters tackled the fire which was located on the first floor of the property. Crew Manager John Ogden from Agecroft Community Fire Station said: “The owner of the beauty salon, which was fully occupied at the time, had gone upstairs and noticed the fire in the beauty room. “We arrived at the address really quickly and the firefighters who attended all did a great job in minimising damage to the shop, which was heavily smoke damaged on the first floor.” Crew me members were in attendance at the incident for around 45 minutes. The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to an electrical fault. For fire safety advice please visit: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/fire_safety_advice/